Saturday, May 12, 2012

Sunday Snippets on Saturday

Since tomorrow is Mother's Day I decided I'd send some snippets your way today and free up space for my mommy tomorrow.


"A hospital alone shows what war is."
--All Quiet on the Western Front, Erich Maria Remarque


~~~~~


"War is the cause of death like cancer and tuberculosis, like influenza and dysentery.  The deaths are merely more frequent, more varied and terrible."
--All Quiet on the Western Front, Erich Maria Remarque


~~~~~


"Here, on the borders of death, life follows an amazingly simple course, it is limited to what is most necessary, all else lies buried in gloomy sleep. . ."
--All Quiet on the Western Front, Erich Maria Remarque


~~~~~


Can you tell I've only had time to read one book this week?  Real cheery, huh? 


Happy (almost) Sunday,

P.S. This is day seventeen of my twenty-one day blogging adventure. I'd say it's going well, but I barely made it with two minutes to spare today.  Yikes.

No comments:

Post a Comment