Monday, May 7, 2012

A List of Sundries. . .

  • May is a busy month.  It's making me tired, and I'm working on not being cranky. 

  • Mostly may gives me anxiety because she is full of seemingly impossible deadlines that are fast approaching.

Maisie and Melvin riding in the car.
  • I decided to be a vegetarian in May. Why?  I'm not totally sure, but here are the reasons I've come up with.
    • I'm basically a vegetarian anyway.  I only eat meat at dinner, and I don't crave it at all.  Vegetables are my favorite.
    • Lately I've started enjoying experiments in self control and discipline more.  
    • I've always wanted to try being a vegetarian to see if I could, so I picked the month of May.  I don't know if it will last longer than that, but I wanted to give myself a time frame, so that when it's over I feel like I actually accomplished something.  (I'm all about reaching a goal).

 
  • We went to the Great Balloon Glow a couple of weekends ago.  I loved it, just like last year.  Something about hot air ballons seems almost magical, and watching them really makes me want to ride in one, even though I'm terribly afraid of heights.

  •  This year the Balloon Glow was a bit eerie because it was super windy, and balloons kept collapsing. Still cool, though.

This is my favorite balloon because I love the colors.

  • The other day I gave away 16 pairs of shoes.  I don't think it's necessary to talk about how many I still own.  After the great purge, Hub bought shoe organizers, and I organized the bottom of my closet, which contains only shoes...


  • I have 50ish research papers left to grade.  Will it ever end?  Don't answer that.  I know it'll end, and at this point the ending is more terrifying than being stuck in research-paper-grading limbo forever. . . Yikes.


Goodbye,

  


P.S. This is day twelve of my twenty-one day blogging adventure. So far, so good. Then again, it is only day twelve. . . .Is it safe to say yet that it actually is going well? 






No comments:

Post a Comment