Friday, May 11, 2012

Fiji, My Fiji, how I love Thee

When I am stressed and life feels like too much, my dreams turn to Fiji.  A place I've never been but desperately want to go.  Fiji is an oasis in my mind.

In Fiji there are no bad attitudes or budgets or deadlines.  In Fiji there is deliciously fresh fruit and crystal clear waters and little huts to sleep in and a gentle breeze to wake me in the morning.  At night there is a hole-in-the-wall restaurant that serves my favorite fresh fish and is lit up with twinkle lights and a man plays the guitar and sings original songs.

In Fiji I wake up with nothing pressing on my mind; my muscles never spasm, and my head never aches.  I relish my days in Fiji reading and writing and taking pictures and making memories and being still.  

In Fiji, I am free.

Photo Credit: http://www.travel-guider.com/fiji-islands.html

So while I'm spending my weekend grading research papers and writing finals and prepping lessons, I'll be dreaming of Fiji. And when my eyes close, Fiji will appear so for a brief moment I'll be released from the grips of my life without her.  Someday we'll meet, Fiji and me, and that, my friends, will be a beautiful day.

It's time to get it on the calendar. . . . 



P.S. This is day sixteen of my twenty-one day blogging adventure. Two weeks down; one to go!  I'd say it's going well; it'd be going better if I really were in Fiji. . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment