Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Thank You Isn't Good Enough

Remember day before yesterday when I said I'd be back tomorrow to talk about my bridal party?  It looks like I meant the day after tomorrow which would be today which would mean I'm right on schedule.  Right?  Right.  Okay, here we go.

This picture of all of us outside the chapel and the one on the beach are two of my absolute favorites from the wedding.
Aren't we all just precious? ;)

Here I am with all of the boys. Starting with the upside down one and going clockwise, you have: Jakie, the Prince, Dubbie, Tylando, Will D., Jimmy(the one you can barely see), Ando, and Caber.
The bridesmaid's didn't get as crazy, perhaps due to the dresses.  I don't want to leave the impression that they're lame or anything because they're pretty awesome.  Starting from the left: Kanis, Too, Hub, the Princess, Kitty, Tater, and Charles.

UNRELATED TO POST: Perhaps I should add  a little note about nicknames.  I use many, but not all, of these nicknames in real life.  Mostly the girls' are real and useable, the boys' are a little less so.  I go with nicknames on my blog because I don't think it's fair to plaster someone's name all about the internet.  I just thought you'd like to know that. :)


I conceived this whole notion of appreciation for my bridal party to start off the posts about my wedding quite a while ago. The execution of this, however, has been a little tricky.  I had a million different ideas, and every, single one of them seemed inadequate.  Finally I realized that I can't adequately describe how much these lovely ladies and gentlemen mean to me.  Each of them contributed to the fun of the wedding weekend.  They weren't just there to take up space.  They were there because Hub and I love them all very dearly.  These people are more than friends; they're our family.  They're my brothers and sisters.
Each of them, in their own special way, has taught me what true friendship is and what it means to be able to count on people. I feel so blessed that my bridal party ended with these very special people in it; I feel so blessed that my bridal party ended up containing the people I truly wanted to stand next to Hub and I as we took our vows.
I consider it an honor that each of them so enthusiastically agreed to participate in the wedding festivities, but, more than that, I consider it an honor to know each of them.  They are beautiful men and women who will change the face of this earth for the better.

No comments:

Post a Comment