Wednesday, January 19, 2011

A Birthday Extravaganza

Hub woke up earlier than anticipated, which was still not early enough because I had already been up for almost an hour.  (Despite my ridiculous amount of excitement, I did not wake him up.  I should get a gold star for that, by the way.  I get a little too excited for birthdays.)  The extravaganza started with a hunt around the house for 24 notes.  One for each year he has lived, and one to grow on.  The hunt didn't last long because our house, which is really an apartment, is not too big, and all the notes were hidden in plain sight.  Once he had found and read all of his notes, he got to figure out the secret message.  See above.
 Then, it was time for presents.  Yes, one of his presents was a Bop It.  Who says 23 year olds can't have a little fun too?
 Next, we had blueberry muffins for breakfast before heading out for the day.  We went to the movies for a double feature.  We saw Little Fockers and The Dilemma.  Both movies were a good choice.  After our day at the cinema was complete, we headed to The Egg Roll Machine for dinner.  Delicious, as always.
I wanted to get a picture before we left for the day, but that didn't happen.
Since he was the birthday boy, I won't make a big deal about it, but let's just say
it wasn't my fault. ;)
When we weren't pleased with any of the shots we got using the camera's timer, Hub resorted to the good ole hold-out-your-arm-and-hope-for-the-best-method.  Not too shabby, I guess.
Also, I should point out that just because a person turns 23 does not mean that he always cooperates during photo opportunities, hence photos 4 and 6.  I should point out, too, that I double checked my wedding vows, and they didn't say anything about not posting silly pictures of your spouse for the world to see, hence photos 4 and 6.

Overall, the Birthday Extravaganza was a smashing success.  
I can't wait for next year.
(I told you I have a problem with too much  excitement over birthdays.)

No comments:

Post a Comment