Wednesday, April 13, 2011

What I'm Reading Now

Presidents interest me.  All Presidents of the United States.  Regardless of their political parties or religious affiliations or good choices or bad choices, I think they're neat. 


It fascinates me that someone would want to run the country.  I mean in reality.  Sure, I'd love to run the country in theory because in theory everything I did would be awesome and everyone would love me and it wouldn't be hard to make decisions because the right answer would be obvious.  Is that your Presidential dream, too?  I thought so.


I recognize that in reality the presidency is inexplicably difficult to maneuver.  Everyone will not be happy with you at one time, no matter what you do.  Probably President Obama could step outside tomorrow and talk about the nice blue hue of the sky, and someone would be upset.  It's just the way life is, I guess.


My parents taught me to respect the office of the President.  It didn't matter if my guy didn't get elected or if my guy was in office and made decisions I didn't like, the President is to be respected and appreciated because, in the end, he's probably doing his best.


So, I decided that I'd like to read memoirs of this fine country's leading fellows.  Since Decision Points was conveniently available on my iPad (I'm talking convenient as in it-was- right-there-on-the-first-page-of-the-store-I-didn't-even-have-to-search-for-it-convenient) and when I heard this President speak he was hilarious, I decided to start with former President George W. Bush's memoir.


So far, I like.

No comments:

Post a Comment