Monday, June 14, 2010

Reading Regimen

That's it; I am hooked.

Not too long ago, I decided that my hunger for reading needed to be satisfied, and I broke my usual pattern of reading one book at a time. I loved it. I love it.

So, I now have a new reading regimen. I read one novel; you know, just a regular old novel for pleasure. Something I'm interested in for no other purpose than I find it interesting. I also read a motivational, inspirational, academic, or otherwise worthy book in conjunction with the simple pleasure. Along with the simple pleasure and the knowledge read, I tackle a poetic or sacred text. This includes, but is certainly not limited to, daily Bible reading (which I desperately need to improve on).

I know it's fairly elementary, but, for me, this new way of reading is a big step. I have been committed to reading only one thing at a time, whether it be for pleasure or other purposes, so that I wouldn't confuse plot lines, neglect important tasks, etc., etc. My excuses were endless. I know; it's pathetic for such an avid reader to stick herself in such a simplistic mindset, but I was ignorant of the bliss that comes from a reading regimen like this one.

I hope that this new regimen continues to evolve so that I can stick to it even when I'm in school.

No comments:

Post a Comment