Friday, November 27, 2009

Thanksgiving 2009: In a Nutshell

This Thanksgiving was different than all the other Thanksgivings of my lifetime. For the first time ever, I spent Thanksgiving somewhere other than Newport, Arkansas.

My parents, Jonathan, and I piled up in the car on Sunday afternoon and drove to Seaside, FL for our "Planning Day" that kicks off the wedding plans. We drove half way on Sunday and finished up the drive on Monday. After eating lunch and taking a couple of minutes to unload the car, we piled into the car again and took off on quite the adventurous ride to look at reception venues. That lasted all afternoon and was immediately followed by dinner and extreme exhaustion.

Tuesday was our official "Planning Day" in Seaside and began at 9:00 in the morning. We met with our wedding coordinator, Heather, then we met with three photographers, met with Heather again to check out the chapel, had a cake tasting, and then met with two florists. Yet again, exhaustion ensued.

Wednesday, we met with a cake baker, a videographer, two reception venues, and looked at some dishes. I think by now you surely get the exhaustion routine.

Then came Thanksgiving :) Our last day in Seaside, we relaxed. We slept in, watched the parade, went to a movie, and had a great time.

Today, Friday, we drove all ten hours home.

Overall, the week was exciting and stressful and fun and frightening and overwhelming and exhilarating and a lot of other things all rolled into one extremely strange emotional package.

Anyway, I still don't feel like Thanksgiving has come and gone. This week was totally surreal; I still don't feel like it's time to plan my wedding, but I'm excited nonetheless.

No comments:

Post a Comment