Thursday, April 26, 2012

Time Management and a Blogging Adventure


Lately I've been thinking a lot about time management.

As a first year teacher, I frequently feel like I can't breathe or as though I'm doggy paddling in a deep ocean as quickly as I can so that the next wave won't completely drown me.  It's not always that bad, but sometimes it is.  Okay, most of the time it is.  There's just tons to do and more to learn.  It's been a wonderful experience, but that doesn't make it any easier.

I've been thinking about all of the different things I need to make time for in my life:
reading, spending time with Hub, having friends, breathing, writing, working, church, etc.

All of these things are valuable, and I want to do all of them more.  I just always struggle to find the time, and believe me, I am a professional time waster as well as a time finder.  I sort of have a split personality that way.  I am procrastinator, too.  I work really well under pressure because there isn't any more time left to waste, but I don't want to live that way.  Not anymore.

I'm slowly starting to realize that I'll only have time for the things I make time for. So, I'm going to start by making time for writing.

I've heard that it takes 21 days to truly form a habit, so here's the adventure part of this post's title.  You know; the one you forgot about already because of my ramblings.

I'm challenging myself to 21 days of blogging...daily.  As in, one post per day for twenty-one days.  Yes, hold the phone; turn off the television.  I'm going to try for ONE POST PER DAY FOR TWENTY-ONE DAYS.  (oh, brother, why'd I say that...)

I don't know if it'll work, but if it doesn't, I'll try again.  I'll keep on trying until I've made time for the writing that I want to do, the writing that I need to do, because the truth is I don't want to wake up when I'm eighty and wish that I had written more or loved more or appreciated more.  I want to wake up when I'm eighty and feel happy that I took advantage of every opportunity and blessing that came my way and that I tried new things and discovered joy at every turn.

Here's to Day One,

No comments:

Post a Comment