Sunday, April 29, 2012

Sunday Snippets

"I shall start at the beginning.  Though the beginning is never where you think it is.  Our lives are so important to us that we tend to think the story of them begins with our birth.  First there was nothing, then I was born. . . .Yet that is not so.  Human lives are not pieces of string that can be separated out from a knot of others and laid out straight.  Families are webs.  Impossible to touch one part of it without setting the rest vibrating.  Impossible to understand one part without having a sense of the whole."
--The Thirteenth Tale, Diane Setterfield

~~~~~

"So do not fear, for I am with you;
do not be dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you;
I will uphold you with my righteous hand."
--Isaiah 41:10

~~~~~

"On my friend Jean's wedding day over thirty years ago, she asked her mother, 'Do all brides feel this terrified when they're about to get married?' and her mother replied, even as she calmly buttoned up her daughter's white dress, 'No, dear.  Only the ones who are actually thinking.'"
--Committed: A Skeptic Makes Peace with Marriage, Elizabeth Gilbert


Happy Sunday!



P.S.  This is day four of my twenty-one day blogging adventure.  So far, so good.  Then again, it is only day four. . . .


Coming up Monday: Spring Break 2012--Our Trip to Montreal! See you there.

1 comment: