Saturday, January 7, 2012

The Puppy Children

Hub and I have two puppy children, and that's all we'll have.  I have a rule about not having more animals than humans in a house. 


I call them our puppy children because that's how we treat them.  We get excited to bring home a new toy.  We love watching them run around the apartment.  You know, as if they were real humans.


At first I felt strangely about this, but then I decided that most people regard their pets as integral family members even if they refuse to admit.  So, there ya go.  I'm admitting it--we treat our dogs kind of like they're people, kind of like they're our children, and I'm okay with that.  In fact, I like it.


You met Miss Maisie back in July just after she came to live with us. 


That's when she looked like this.
Now she looks more like this.  She's a whopping 6.5 lbs.  What a big girl.


In December we got Mr. Melvin.  Isn't he a cutie? 

Here he is riding around in my mom's apron pocket over Christmas.

Maisie and Melvin became the best of pals within minutes.  They play all the time, and when one wanders off, the other searches until the missing friend is found.

If you look closely at Melvin's eye, you can see that his is half-blue, too, just like Maisie's.
Presh.






Happy Saturday, 


No comments:

Post a Comment