Sunday, June 5, 2011

Sunday Snippets

"Compartments, files, systems--not for me.  Here's how I like my purse (and I swear I showed someone the contents the other day, and this is what came out): loose dollar bills, jam-packed wallet, a winter hat, a hardback novel, a thank-you card with a dog on it, Advil, one glove, a travel zip bag with 3-ounce bottles, mints, my checkbook, cough suppressant pills, a bottle of perfume, deodorant, contact lenses, a comb, an apple, and a Christmas ornament.  Yeah.  That's my world."
--Hoda Kotb; Hoda: How I Survived War Zones, Bad Hair, Cancer, and Kathie Lee


~~~~~


"'Fascinating!' he would say as Harry talked him through using a telephone.  'Ingenious, really, how many ways Muggles have found of getting along without magic.'"
--Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets; J.K. Rowling


~~~~~


"It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities."
--Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets; J.K. Rowling


~~~~~


Rereading Harry Potter is more fun than I thought it would be,
                                         

No comments:

Post a Comment