Thursday, June 2, 2011

Memorial Day Getaway!

 For a Memorial Day Getaway, my little family went to Gatlinburg, TN.  Maybe you wish I wasn't calling it a Memorial Day Getaway because that's cheesy, but I don't care.  I like a cheesy name; it makes everything a little happier when I write it down in my planner or on the calendar.  Yes, those are two different things.
 So, anyway, we went to Gatlinburg, and had a fabulously wonderful time.  We rented a cabin whose driveway was constructed by none other than the DEVIL himself.  Other than that, the cabin was nearly heavenly.  You can't have everything, right?
 We spent part of one day at the aquarium.  I love aquariums.  They are just the most fun.  Have you never been to an aquarium? Call me!  We'll go together!  I just love all the little fishies, which is why I have so many pictures of them and their friends.
 We did other things, too.  For example, we spent a hearty chunk of time at the outlet mall.  Let me tell you; that was a glorious trip.  You don't get pictures of that because I'm not cool enough to take pictures of myself and my family shopping.
 Don't you just love all of these oceany creatures?!

 This is Frank the penguin.  He had a bit of an attitude.  I could tell.  I'm training to be a penguin whisperer. (Not really. But I want to. Really. So, if you know how, CALL ME).
We had lunch one day at Bubba Gump's.  YUM.  This is a picture of my dad that my mom made me take because she thought his bib was funny.  It was even more funny because he had already spilled a little something on his white shirt, and we all laughed at him. Probably you just had to be there, or maybe just know how my daddy acts when he spills. Either way, it was a good time.
I like this picture because of his smirk.  When I close my eyes and think about my dad, this smirk almost always pops up.  I think I smirk like that sometimes, too.  I hope I do, anyway.

The end, 
                                                                                                          

1 comment:

  1. Smirk? O.K., a smirk. I have the plastic bib framed now in my office. %)

    ReplyDelete