Monday, March 21, 2011

...We Tied the Knot...


To say that walking down the aisle was surreal would be a gross understatement.  It was a moment I had longed for and dreamt of.  I took deep breaths  and tried not to walk too fast.  I studied the crowd, the chapel, the flowers, my bridal party, and my groom. I did everything I could to burn pictures into my mind so that I would be able to keep the moment locked away, a treasure buried deep within me.
When Daddy left me up there with Hub and the ceremony officially began I wanted to say, "I am getting married right NOW! Can you believe it?!"  But, I didn't.  Instead, I swayed back and forth and listened to the wisdom presented to the two of us.  I said my vows without choking up; that's what I like to call a sweet little miracle from God, in case you were wondering.  Hub put my wedding band on upside down, and I had to fix it.  I repeatedly winked my eye and stuck my tongue out every-so-slightly to amuse a few of the groomsmen.
Our wedding ceremony was better than the ceremony I had hoped for.  It bubbled over with good advice, tender words, solemn vows, and sweet memories.  
Walking back down the aisle on my husband's arm, in our first few moments of marriage, I felt a sense of relief, buckets full of joy, and a rain shower of hope.  Relief that we'd made it this far, joy that I had been so blessed, and hope for the bright, beautiful future we had just committed to.

1 comment: