Tuesday, February 15, 2011

...and We Welcomed Everyone with a Party.






Before we left for Florida, I had a pretty good idea of who would attend my wedding.  By the time the Welcome Party rolled around, I had completely forgotten.  I think this was a good thing to forget because I found myself constantly pleased to see someone else, excited that he or she would be present for the big day (as if the days leading up to the "big day" hadn't been "big" enough). 
After the Welcome Party, I wanted to be with my Hub and my friends.  I hadn't planned to feel that way, but I did. So, we all went back to bridal party's house.  We sat in the living room and chatted and laughed.  We were loud and silly and I think I could've stayed there forever, at least until the food ran out.  If I let myself get quiet, though, the back of my mind started whispering, "you're getting married tomorrow, you know?"  I think Hub's mind was whispering to him, too.  I could tell by the look on his face. 
When I got ready to go Hub drove me home, and I can't for the life of me remember what we talked about, but I'm sure it had something to do with how quickly life passes and how impossible it seemed that tomorrow we'd be married.

No comments:

Post a Comment