Wednesday, February 2, 2011

...and had Dinner.


The food was delicious and the atmosphere delightful, but the company was even better.  The rehearsal dinner was the time when our friends and family toasted to Hub and me.  They told funny stories and said the nicest things and everyone laughed a little and cried a little bit more.  I don't recall another time in my life that I have felt so loved, so appreciated, so special.
The time spent at Bistro Bijoux in the picturesque party room illustrated more brilliantly than any other life experience the true meaning of family, of love.  Family isn't only about flesh and blood.  Family is about love and friendship and honesty and trust. I firmly believe you can be somebody's sister or brother or cousin or niece or nephew without a single relative in common.  I know this to be true because of the people in my life who have taken care of me, leaned on me, believed in me, and loved me.  
These people are my sisters and brothers and uncles and extra mothers and cousins and nieces and nephews.  These people raised me.  These people have tested me.  They have seen me fail.  They have seen me succeed. They have made me a better person. They have taught me about love and life and hope and happiness, and for them, I am eternally grateful.
Knowing these people is an honor; loving them is a privilege; and being loved by them is a blessing far too immeasurable to put into words.

No comments:

Post a Comment