Wednesday, December 30, 2009

What I'm Reading...






Well, I gave up on Beloved. Admittedly, I gave up too soon; I hadn't even read ten full pages. I started the book in a too-tired state and just didn't have the guts to pick it up again after that. The next thing I knew, Christmas had come, and I had received a beautiful pile of books that I had asked for, books that I had been wanting, really wanting, to read. So, I removed my bookmark from Beloved, promising to return to it again someday, apologizing for my abandonment, and I picked up Julie & Julia.



I'm about halfway through Julie Powell's memoir of the year she cooked through Julia Child's Mastering the Art of French Cooking and, so far, it is hilarious. Powell is brutally honest and writes with amazing humor. This book is laugh-out-loud funny, and I can't wait to finish it.


No comments:

Post a Comment