Wednesday, December 16, 2009

What I Just Finished...


I think it may be safe to say that Jodi Picoult is my new favorite author. After reading My Sister's Keeper earlier this year, I knew I had to read more of Picoult's work. Day before yesterday, I started reading Harvesting the Heart, and I finished it today.

I was hooked from the beginning. Picoult has the ability to create riveting fiction with fantastic literary qualities, and the best part is, she doesn't sugar-coat life. She tells real stories of real people. She forces her readers to think critically about life. She presents life's sticky situations in ways I've never considered them before; she makes me think, really think, about things. Novels that make me really think are some of my favorite kinds to read.

I hope to have the opportunity to read the rest of Picoult's books; I imagine they're just as good, if not better, than the two I've already been exposed to.

To learn more about Jodi Picoult and her work go here.

No comments:

Post a Comment