Sunday, October 18, 2009

The Ouachita Trail! :-D


This has been an incredible weekend.

1. I found out, thanks to my wonderful teacher who messaged me because she knew I was worried, that I made a 'B' on the Brit Lit exam that I thought I failed.

2. I did well on my GRE.

3. Jonathan and I got engaged!!

Here's our story:

We went to hike one of the trails at Pinnacle Mountain State Park. As we started walking, he told me that since I was hiking for him, he had presents for me in his backpack, thirteen to be exact, that I could open along the way. We started our hike along Ouachita Trail (the one that goes all the way to Oklahoma, but we didn't make it that far, haha), and I started opening my gifts one by one. We found a huge rock with a beautiful little creek midway through, so we sat there for a few minutes and talked. we kept going until the trail was so muddy we felt like we had to turn around (and I was halfway through my presents). When we got back to the little creek, we decided to rest there again, and I got to open more presents. I sat on the boulder and Jonathan stood next to me and we talked for quite a while. He asked me if I understood what all my presents were (they all represented something that we'd done together), and said yes and told him how sweet they all had been and how much I appreciated them. The next thing I knew, he was down on one knee, holding out my grandmother's ring, and asking me to marry him. Of course, I said yes.

That's the big rock I sat on :-)


This is right after he asked me. These are our super, duper excited faces!



















This is during our walk, just before we got engaged.


My presents were:

--3D Sidewalk Chalk: This is the only gift that didn't represent something we'd already done, but he knew I had really been wanting to try some.
--Clothes for Ellen: Ellen is my Build-A-Bear that Jonathan got me for Christmas back in 2006.
--A Little Stuffed Turtle: We love, love, love to go to the Georgia Aquarium every time we go to Atlanta.
--A Cross Ornament: We share and grow together in our faith.
--Great American Cookies: A chocolate chip one for me, snickerdoodle for him. We like to get a cookies sometimes when we go to the mall.
--A Penguin Christmas Ornament: Every Christmas that we've been together, we have each gotten each other an ornament (and I LOVE penguins).
--Mickey Mouse Scrapbook Stickers: Our trip to Disney World last fall with my parents.
--Beach Scrapbook Stickers: Our Florida trips.
--Chicago Scrapbook Stickers: Our trip to Chicago with friends.
--A Pumpkin Candle Holder: The first present Jonathan ever got me was a pumpkin candle holder when I was his girlfriend in 7th grade. I thought a Halloween gift was too much, so I broke up with him (oops). I do still have the original candle holder, by the way.
--Peanut M&Ms: They're my favorite movie snack.
--A Refrigerator Magnet featuring Scarlett O'Hara: We went to a themed graduation party in high school as Scarlett and Rhett.
--A Red, Hot Wheels Ferrari: He couldn't find a red Hot Wheels Thunderbird, so he settled for the Ferrari to represent my dad's Thunderbird that we took to prom.






No comments:

Post a Comment