Wednesday, June 13, 2012

My Summer Reading List

I've been waiting for this summer.  It's turning out to be a lovely season of relaxation and reflection. 


My first free week of the summer I read during nearly every waking minute.  I inhaled words from pages, spending my mornings and afternoons reading and reading and reading until my eyes started to cross and I had to look up to take a breath.  It was lovely.  Now, though, normal life is in session, and although I'm reading less, it's still so much more than I get to during the school year.


I committed to reading 10 books this summer, not too much of a challenge but enough to make me focused.  Then I added another book, so now I've committed to reading 11.


Here it is, my Summer 2012 Reading List, in no particular order:



The Help: This was my first book of the summer, a true gem. Read what I said about it here.

House Rules: My second summer read wasn't quite as poignant as the first, but it wasn't really intended to be.  Here's what I thought about it.

Eat to Live: In Progress. . . 

Anthem                                        These three books are on 
The Alchemist                             supplemental reading list for   
Alas Babylon                              my students.  I inherited the                  
                                                      list, and since I haven't read   
                                                      most of the books, I figured it  
                                                      was time to get started.


To Kill a Mockingbird: I've read this book twice already--once in high school and another time three days before the school year started and I was to teach the novel.  I think I need a slower read through before I tackle it again this year.

The Hunger Games         
Catching Fire                                 I know.  I'm behind.
Mockingjay 


The Poisonwood Bible: This book was recommended to me by a college professor, so I bought it but haven't ever picked it up.  I'm starting it today!


Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment