Sunday, November 14, 2010

Happy (belated) Birthday!!

I missed The Middle Ground's first birthday.
I didn't mean to.
I knew it was coming.
It scratched at the back of my mind like a dog who is desperate to come inside from the cold.
I ignored it.
I thought, "I'll deal with that later."
I never did.
I'm sorry.
I'm sorry I missed it because I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE birthdays of any kind.
So, The Middle Ground didn't get the fantastically wonderful first birthday blog post she (yes, my blog is female; what else did you expect?) deserved.
Oh, well.
Sometimes things like this happen.
That's what I keep telling myself, anyway.
I hope I'm better at remember my children's birthdays.
When I have children, that is.
When I have children a very long time from now, that is.
Surely I'll remember the birthday of my kids.
Although, one could argue that I created and gave birth to The Middle Ground.
Oh, dear.
At least The Middle Ground is just a blog, so she shouldn't suffer any major psychological trauma.
Right? Right?
Let's hope so.

So, here's to The Middle Ground and her first full year and one month as a blog.

Happy birthday. Here's to another year and one month together.

P.S. Next year, I'll do my best to remember your birthday on time. Besides, 2 is better than 1, right? I thought so, too.

P.P.S. I had to skip Sunday Snippets this week in honor of The Middle Ground's forgotten birthday. Sunday Snippets will resume next week. I know you were all on pins and needles about that one. :) ha.

No comments:

Post a Comment