Sunday, April 25, 2010

t w e n t y - o n e


On April 17, 1989, I was born.
On April 17, 2010, I turned twenty-one.
It was a wonderful birthday full of several different celebrations.
I'll tell you about them now. Enjoy!

Celebration #1: On Thursday night, a whole passel of my friends took me to Casa Brava for dinner. We had a great time! Someonewhoshallremainnameless told the waiter that it was my birthday, and many members of the Casa Brava Crew sang to me while trying to smear a spoonful of whip cream on my face. Luckily, I noticed a look of fear in the eyes of dear Kanis, and I avoided being whip creamed. Success. No pictures of this occasion exist. Failure.

Celebration #2: Mama, Daddy, Hub, and I went to Memphis. We had a lovely time. On Friday night, we enjoyed a delightful dinner at Paulette's (a French restaurant), and went back to the hotel and enjoyed some birthday cake!

Daddy and I with my Friday night cake.

We were having trouble getting settled. In the picture of us with my little cake, I look ridiculous, so I settled for this picture of discussion.

Mama and I with my Friday night cake. It had "21"s all over the sides and my monogram, jMj, on the top. Precious.

Celebration #3: On Saturday, THE day, Mama, Daddy, Hub, and I went shopping, enjoyed a brunch at Cracker Barrel, and finished up the day with a fantastic dinner at the Melting Pot, my favorite place to eat.


Our dessert to dip into the chocolate fondue!

Mama and Daddy

:)

Celebration #4: Mama conspired with a few of my friends to have them drive in on Sunday morning and go to church with us. After church, we ate lunch at John B's.


On our way to church!
From let to right: Too, Halo, Charles, Aubs, and the Birthday girl.


Hub, Kitty, Too, Halo, Aubs, Charles, the birthday girl, and her lovely cake at John B's.


She is the greatest Mama in the whole wide world.


Hub and I with my awesome cake


No comments:

Post a Comment